I have been delighted to see the buzz on the streets of London once again, the hustle and bustle has brought plenty of excitement and hope to us at The Mayfair Townhouse. With the latest Government announcement, we can now start to celebrate that a sense of normality is beginning to be restored in our Dandy city…
I write to you with much excitement and anticipation as we reopen our doors inviting guests to indulge their curiosity in marvellous Mayfair once again. For longer this time we are certain!
Soon, you will be enjoying a delicious cocktail curated by Bar Manager, Piero Monaco whilst taking in the theatrical, dimly lit atmosphere of The Dandy Bar. Or perhaps you would like to get some beauty sleep in our eclectic townhouse and discover some hidden gems organised by Head Concierge, Dianna. Whatever takes your fancy, business or pleasure, the townhouse is here to serve your curiosity and engage your senses.
To find out more about restrictions within the hotel prior to Monday 19th July, please take a moment to review our Precautions & Procedures to give you confidence in your safety during your stay with us.
It's time to experience all that The Mayfair Townhouse has to offer.
Our COVID-19 Precautions & Procedures
Staying with us? Here’s what to expect…
NHS Track & Trace - We are supporting the NHS Covid-19 Track & Test service. We are required by law to record and retain for a period of two weeks the names and contact details of all visitors to the property. This information will be supplied to NHS Track & Test service on request. We urge you to download the NHS COVID-19 app and to scan the QR code which is displayed at all entrances to the hotel.
Face coverings - Face coverings will be required in all public areas.
Social Distancing - Please respect the social distancing measures in place.
- Luggage handling will be modified to promote the safety of our guests and team members.
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care
- The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice
During Your Stay
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom
- Please utilise our App to communicate with our team as much as possible
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter.
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at every doorway/key public area (front desk, restaurant and bar, toilets)
- Please vacate your bedroom prior to housekeeping staff entering
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (doorknobs, TV remote etc)
- Physical distancing measures will be in place in all common areas
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas to reinforce social distancing message
The Duty Manager is our designated, responsible contact person for all staff and guests COVID-19 related queries.
Cleanliness and PPE Use - All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes. All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate.
Social Distancing – The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing, wherever possible. Implemented a standard that our teams will not be assigned to complete any tasks with more than two team members assigned unless they are working outside.
Self-Isolating – All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell and will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating.
Meetings – We have changed most of our on-property team meetings to virtual meetings.
Shifts – We have staggered our team’s shifts and days of service and have reduced the total staff count by promoting work from home for those whose roles allow for it.
- Our team have and will receive ongoing training
- Our team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes
Our Business Partners
Appointments - We will be receiving visitors and contractors to the site by appointment in advance only.
Deliveries - Deliveries will only be received at the door, suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment.
Access - Access to back of house areas restricted to staff only. No guest tours or contractor use of welfare facilities is permitted.
What are our terms and conditions on cancellations?
Our cancellation terms and conditions are clearly displayed at the time of making a booking, some will be more flexible than others. We recommend checking your booking confirmation.
Dining with us? Here’s what to expect…
From 17th May –
- We will be open the Dandy Bar
- Rule of 6 or two households applies
From 19th July –
- No restrictions
On Booking - All bookings must be made in advance. For all restaurant bookings, you will be asked to provide contact details
- We will limit table linens and have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods.
- We have expanded our in-room dining
Visiting the gym? Here’s what to expect…
- The gym will operate on a first come first served basis operating a one in one out policy.
- Signage and a procedure will be in place to ensure social distancing is followed.
- We will only offer bottled water
- We will remove all reading material
- All areas of the gym will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Hand sanitising stations will be in place at the entrance of all areas of the gym
- Gym equipment will be disinfected between each guest’s use; either by the guest or by the health club attendant. A validation method will be in place.
- Spot mop cleaning and disinfection will be performed on spills when they occur.
- Electrostatic sanitisation of all common areas will take place daily.
Finally, we ask that as a guest at The Mayfair Townhouse you commit to:
If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
We ask that everyone respects the 1m+ social distancing guidance, not because we don't love you...but because we do!
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us.
We can’t wait to see you soon. Travel safe and stay well.
We Are Prepared
Our hyper intuitive and perceptive approach to service means a visit to the Townhouse during these times is nothing short of remarkable. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have been designing a new lifestyle hotel that has been thoughtfully constructed to withstand this new way of living. A visit to the Townhouse means you can escape to London with confidence.