With 'Freedom Day' in mind, we have been busy planning appropriate changes, mindful that we are all desperate to get back to complete normality however are still keen to ensure that we continue to keep you, our guests and the team safe.
Our team will continue to wear masks, and although it is entirely up to you, we will kindly ask our guests to do so when moving around our hotel. We will continue with our enhanced cleaning regimes too and a number of other important measures, as per our latest guidelines. With the end very much in sight it has never been more important that we keep all that you love about The Mayfair Townhouse open.
The last 16 months have been tough for all of us, but the much-anticipated return of the buzz to The Townhouse has brought myself and my team a great deal of pleasure and excitement. I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for your support throughout this journey. We could not have done it without you, your continued loyalty and our incredible team.
With the arrival of summer (finally) we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Our COVID-19 Precautions & Procedures
Staying with us? Here’s what to expect…
NHS Track & Trace - Guests are encouraged to continue using the QR code which is displayed at all entrances to the hotel to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app. We will continue collecting customer contact details to support NHS Test and Trace.
Face coverings - Our team wear face masks in all indoor areas, both front and back of house. We encourage our guests to wear face coverings in all public areas.
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care
During Your Stay
- Please wash your hands frequently
- Please utilise our App to communicate with our team as much as possible
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter.
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at every doorway/key public area (front desk, restaurant and bar, toilets)
- Please vacate your bedroom prior to housekeeping staff entering
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (doorknobs, TV remote etc)
The Duty Manager is our designated, responsible contact person for all staff and guests COVID-19 related queries.
Cleanliness and PPE Use - All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes. All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate.
Social Distancing – The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing, wherever possible. Implemented a standard that our teams will not be assigned to complete any tasks with more than two team members assigned unless they are working outside.
Self-Isolating – All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell and will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating.
Meetings – We have changed most of our on-property team meetings to virtual meetings.
Shifts – We have staggered our team’s shifts and days of service and have reduced the total staff count by promoting work from home for those whose roles allow for it.
- Our team have and will receive ongoing training
- Our team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes
Our Business Partners
Access - Access to back of house areas restricted to staff only. No guest tours or contractor use of welfare facilities is permitted.
What are our terms and conditions on cancellations?
Our cancellation terms and conditions are clearly displayed at the time of making a booking, some will be more flexible than others. We recommend checking your booking confirmation.
Dining with us? Here’s what to expect…
On Booking - All bookings must be made in advance. For all restaurant bookings, you will be asked to provide contact details.
- We will limit table linens and have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods.
- We have expanded our in-room dining
Visiting the gym? Here’s what to expect…
- The gym will operate on a first come first served basis operating a one in one out policy.
- All areas of the gym will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Hand sanitising stations will be in place at the entrance of all areas of the gym
- Gym equipment will be disinfected between each guest’s use; either by the guest or by the health club attendant. A validation method will be in place.
- Spot mop cleaning and disinfection will be performed on spills when they occur.
- Electrostatic sanitisation of all common areas will take place daily.
Finally, we ask that as a guest at The Mayfair Townhouse you commit to:
If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
We ask that everyone respects the 1m+ social distancing guidance, not because we don't love you...but because we do!
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us.
We can’t wait to see you soon. Travel safe and stay well.
We Are Prepared
Our hyper intuitive and perceptive approach to service means a visit to the Townhouse during these times is nothing short of remarkable. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have been designing a new lifestyle hotel that has been thoughtfully constructed to withstand this new way of living. A visit to the Townhouse means you can escape to London with confidence.