I'm delighted to confirm that we will be opening The Mayfair Townhouse from Thursday 3rd December 2020. After the UK Government’s announcement that London has been placed into Tier Two restrictions, we have updated our COVID-19 precautions and procedures accordingly to ensure our guests are safe during this time.
There aren’t many, if any, hotels in London that can claim to be the cleanest come Thursday 3rd December. Therefore rest assured, The Mayfair Townhouse will be prepared for your arrival and the festive season ahead.
Please take a moment to read our statement below and if you have any concerns or questions with regards to booking or your existing booking with us, please do not hesitate to call Reservations who will be happy to assist.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Sending very warm wishes from our house to yours and thank you for your unfaltering support through these unprecedented times.
Our COVID-19 Precautions & Procedures
General Practices & Protocols, Enhanced Cleaning & Disinfection Policies
- Temperature checks will be taken daily before entering the building
- All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes
- All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell
- All team members will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating
- All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate
- The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing, wherever possible
Our Valued Guests
- We are supporting the NHS Covid-19 Track & Test service. We are required by law to record and retain for a period of two weeks the names and contact details of all visitors to the property. This information will be supplied to NHS Track & Test service on request. We urge you to download the NHS COVID-19 app and to scan the QR code which is displayed at all entrances to the hotel and spa.
- You will be asked to complete a pre-arrival health questionnaire and return it prior to arrival. If you are receiving this email on behalf of your household please complete one form per household.
- Face coverings will be required in all public areas
- Your car will not be valet parked so you will be required to park your car yourself and make your way to the hotel entrance
- Please respect the social distancing measures in place
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care and sanitised it using an electrostatic sprayer
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom
- Please utilise the interactive Crave tablet to communicate with our team as much as possible
- Due to the COVID-19 restrictions currently in place, some of our activities, services, and facilities are unfortunately limited or not available
- The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of our ‘COVID-19 Secure’ operating plan. You can contact the Duty Manager at any time prior to, and during your stay, should you have concerns related to this or any other matter
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained
- Room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door
- Physical distancing measures will be in place in all common areas
- A one-way system throughout the hotel will be implemented where possible
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas to reinforce social distancing message
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in disinfection of high touch areas
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at every doorway/key public area (front desk, restaurant, toilets)
- Housekeeping will be available on request only, guests to vacate the room and ventilate prior to housekeeping staff entering
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (Doorknobs, TV Remote, Crave units)
- The Duty Manager is our designated, responsible contact person for all staff and guests COVID-19 related queries
- We have flexible terms and conditions for all individual bookings whereby you can cancel 48 hours prior to arrival for a full refund. For group and event bookings please speak directly to the hotel, our terms remain the same
Our Business Partners
- We will be receiving visitors and contractors to the site by appointment in advance only
- You will be asked to complete a pre-arrival health questionnaire and return it 24 hours prior to arrival
- Your temperature will be taken at the hotel entrance and if your temperature is 38 degrees or above you will be refused entry
- Deliveries will only be received at the door, suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment
- Access to back of house areas restricted to staff only. No guest tours or contractor use of welfare facilities is permitted
General Practices & Protocols, Food & Beverage
- Inside our restaurants, we will only be accommodating a maximum of 6 per table from one household.
- If your party is over 6 people, you will be required to sit on separate tables to adhere to the guidelines set out by the UK Government
- Our restaurants will close at 11pm with last orders being 10pm.
- All bookings must be made in advance
- For all restaurant bookings, you will be asked to provide contact details
- On arrival at the restaurant, you will be required to have your temperature checked. If your temperature is 38 degrees or over, you will be asked to return home
- We ask that if you feel unwell, you do not come to the Restaurant or Hotel
- We will limit table linens and have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods
- We have expanded our in-room dining
- Room service will be provided at no extra cost, service is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door.
- Single-use menus will be in place across all outlets excluding our outdoor outlets, these will have wipeable menus which will be wiped and sanitised after each use
General Practices & Protocols & Guest Experience
- Gym equipment will be disinfected between each guest’s use; either by the guest or by the health club attendant. A validation method will be in place
- Signage and a procedure will be in place to ensure social distancing is followed
- Electrostatic sanitisation of all common areas including, the gymnasium,
- Valet parking will be suspended until further notice
- The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice
- Babysitting will be suspended until further notice
- Kids club will be available where we can ensure social distancing measures are in place
- Group activities such as duck herding etc. will be provided within the social distancing regulations
- Please be advised that bikes can be arranged at reception, and are subject to availability. They are sanitised in between use.
- Games and cards are available to purchase from our boutique.
- Luggage handling will be modified to promote the safety of our guests and team members
- When using hotel transport all team members and guests will be required to wear a face-covering
Our team's commitment to you
We are delighted to announce that we have now been presented with the We're Good To Go certification. The accreditation is the official UK mark to signal the efforts put in place by our team and shows that as a business we have worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines. It also confirms that we have appropriate processes in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
- All team members are required to:-
- Stay home when unwell
- Practice good personal hygiene including regular hand washing
- Maintain social distance
- Wear PPE where appropriate
- Follow the company’s COVID-19 Secure operating procedures
- We have changed most of our on-property team meetings to virtual meetings
- We have staggered our team’s shifts and days of service and have reduced the total staff count by promoting work from home for those whose roles allow for it
- Implemented a standard that our teams will not be assigned to complete any tasks with more than two team members assigned unless they are working outside
- Our team have and will receive ongoing training
- Our team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes
Finally, we ask that as a guest at The Mayfair Townhouse you commit to:
Complete your Guest Health Questionnaire 24 hours in advance of joining us. If we do not receive this back in advance of your stay, you may be refused entry. We cannot accept reservations from guests who have been advised to quarantine in the last 14 days. You will be asked to confirm this on your Health Questionnaire prior to arrival.
If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home. You will be refunded the balance of your stay.
We ask that everyone respects the 1m+ social distancing guidance, not because we don't love you...but because we do!
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us.
We can’t wait to see you soon. Travel safe and stay well.
We Are Prepared
Our hyper intuitive and perceptive approach to service means a visit to the Townhouse during these times is nothing short of remarkable. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, we have been designing a new lifestyle hotel that has been thoughtfully constructed to withstand this new way of living. A visit to the Townhouse means you can escape to London with confidence.